5.04.2006

my seven children...

I agreed, even offered to care for our friend's children while they went away for a few nights. I thought it can't be that bad to have 7 children for three days. I also told myself, if it is "that bad" it will also pass and life will return to normal. Actually, we've done well all together and their kids have been a blessing to us. I have learned that I could never be a mom to this many though. I just couldn't handle the work load behind seven mouths to feed, seven bodies to clothe and keep clean and seven souls to guide through this life. What I can do, is give our friends who don't live near family some much deserved time away. We are called to be family to one another. Many dear friends in Birmingham taught me through the years what it really means to live sacrificially like this. While I cannot necessarily repay them, I can learn from their example. I'm still growing. And I hope in heaven they will see what they taught me...
(I'll try to attach pics later... I've got to return to the heard now!!)

No comments: