6.23.2007

3 months...





On the 21st, our little guy turned three months. He has been such joy to our family, giving smiles freely to anyone who will stop and chat. He's starting to grunt/laugh when we tickle him and he's sleeping better as he grows. I often wonder what little personality will come from elliot. A baby is such a gift that opens itself slowly. You get little peaks along the way, but the finality of the gift, what it will be and how it will bless your life takes time. And the amazing privilege is that you, as a parent, (and even family and friends) get to help shape what this gift becomes.
I love these pictures with his arms open wide because it looks like he's trying to fly. I always want to remember as a parent that I'm raising my children to leave "the nest" and I need to teach them the skills to fly well. This sweet one will probably be our last to fly. I pray I teach him well.

2 comments:

Jean Joiner said...

can't wait to see him again. :)

keri said...

i was wondering if little e was going to make an appearance too. its his turn in the spotlight. the photos are great...love the black he's on...gives great contrast. what a cute little guy...wish i could love on him!