7.12.2011

a daydreaming boy.

what a day for a daydream...
what a day for my daydreamin' boy...
and i'm lost in a daydream...
 dreamin 'bout my bundle of joy.
 and even if time ain't really on my side...
 it's one of those days for takin a walk outside
 i'm blowin the day to talk a walk in the sun
and fall on my face on somebody's new mowed lawn.
 I've been havin’ a sweet dream
I been dreamin’ since I woke up today
It’s starrin’ me and my sweet dream
Cause (s)he's the one that makes me feel this way
And even if time has passed me by a lot
I couldn't care less about the dues you say I got
Tomorrow I'll pay the dues for droppin’ my load
A pie in the face for bein’ asleep before dawn
And you can be sure that if you're feelin’ right
A daydream will last along into the night

 Tomorrow at breakfast you may pick up your ears
Or you may be daydreamin for a thousand years
 What a day for a daydream
Custom made for a daydreamin’ boy
And now I’m lost in a daydream
Dreamin ‘bout my bundle of joy
 on saturday, i got to pick up my boy from camp.
he was exhausted, dirty and filled.

i thought my whole family would come with me to get him,
but the house was quiet and asleep when it was time to go.

so i went alone.
and it was a gift.

taking in the stunning scenery
and having nic to myself
was totally worth it.

he fell asleep on the way home
and for a moment,
my growing boy felt like my little guy again.

i see this man emerging from him
and i love what i see.

this week was another bit of letting go for me as a mom.
letting him grow,
go,
and become who he's meant to be.

i love this parenting journey
and i'm thankful for my first born's
grace
to me as we move through it.

6 comments:

michelle repolles said...

wow, katie. such beautiful photos and words. you make we realize how much i need to treasure each moment with "my little guy".

Angie Davis said...

wow. can't believe that's the little nic i used to know. and can't believe mine are going to grow up too. happy you have these moments to treasure, and hoping for more grace to come.

keri said...

oh my heart. such sweet words and photos. and that cute nic...i can still see that adorable 1 yr old when i look into his face. he is an awesome boy kate. you have much to be thankful for.

katie chen said...

That looks like A Thousand Gifts all in one day. Beautiful.

Jean Joiner said...

beautiful post, kate. i love the photo of him in front of the door. you made me hug everett at little tighter tonight. thanks!

kort said...

twice on Sunday this boy leaned close to my girl and tried to comfort and cheer her. he's a rare gift.